Do something out of the ordinary and do something extraordinary
Join our STA Travel team!
You might have sold tickets to a beach party in Thailand or taught snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef. But being here still beats being at most workplaces.
Working at one of the world’s most successful travel services companies, here’s the chance to use your selling skills while talking about interesting products to like-minded customers in a sociable team with colleagues who don’t (usually) take themselves too seriously.
It’s not a holiday, of course. You’ll have to be well organised and IT-literate. There’ll be targets to work to and you’ll need to follow guidelines. Most of all, you’ll ensure customers have the best experience imaginable when they book a life-changing holiday or gap year with us.
In return we will ensure your individuality is respected and that we provide relaxed and friendly working environment with no formal dress code. In addition, you can look forward to some of the great benefits like:
• Annual Travel Allowance – money to put towards a holiday of your own
• Travel and non-travel related discounts
• We positively promote global career opportunities so as you develop your career with us you could find yourself working in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or wherever the opportunity takes you! We also support your development with management and leadership training programmes.
• Familiarisation trips. These are great opportunities to really get to know our product. The best way to be able to talk to our customers about product is to experience it yourself. Once you have been with us a while if you haven’t been to a destination you have to opportunity to be nominated for a free trip to support your knowledge development.
• Sabbaticals and Long service awards
• The opportunity to take advantage of “Flex” your intranet for exclusive STA
We also offer competitive salary together with an uncapped commission payout known as the ‘Performance Bonus Scheme’ or PBS for short. The commission structure is uncapped, meaning the more you put in, the more you’ll get out!
What will work look and feel like day to day?
You will have a personal sales target that you will work towards so it is a sales role. At STA however we pride ourselves on being a “mate in the know” and it’s the exceptional customer service that you will deliver, along with excellent organizational skills that will drive you to reach target.
What will you bring to STA Travel?
You will need a real passion for travel, great customer service skills and strong attention to detail; after all we are looking after experience of a lifetime trips. We work with our customers via every communication stream – face to face, on email or via the phone. Sometimes all three streams are happening at once, so a cool, calm outlook and the ability to multi task is vital. Most importantly you will be able to build easy rapport with customer and colleagues, ensuring a great working and shopping experience.