Tommy Hilfiger at Bluewater and are seeking an Assistant Store Manager with previous experience in the role.
The Assistant Manager’s primary function is to assist the Store Manager in managing all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for his/her store.
The Assistant Manager directs and motivates the store team to provide unparalleled, spirited service to all customers, generate sales and profit, minimize losses and ensure the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
The Assistant Manager’s goal is to maximize employee productivity, ensure compliance and consistent execution of company Policy & Procedures and established Best Practices, and create an environment which champions customer service and is results-driven. The Assistant Manager assists in the training and development of Employees.
OVERVIEW OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivering Business Results:
- Articulate Corporate mission and business goals within the store. Support corporate expectations and systems. Follow up to ensure proper execution of company initiatives and provide feedback to Store Manager, as needed.
- Partner with store management team to build on business opportunities and achieve Company standards/goals: sales and wage budgets, sales per hour (SPH), units per transaction (UPT), conversion (hit) rate, wage and expense control, shrinkage, mystery shops, store audits and profitability.
- Execute and model Company Policies & Procedures and established Best Practices in Human Resources, Customer Service, Store Operations, Product Management, Loss Prevention, and Point of Sale.
- Achieve Company standards/goals for personal sales results: Sales v. budgets, Sales per Hour and Units per Transaction.
- Respond to and communicate with Retail Manager/General Manager on all competitors, community information that could impact Company business.
- Identify opportunities to grow the business or improve performance. Collaborate with others to improve business performance.
- Participate in weekly management meetings and other staff meetings.
Managing Customer Service:
- Focus staff on the importance of the quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Clearly communicate to staff all marketing and sales promotions.
- Consistently foster a positive store experience by treating all customers, and staff members in a fair and consistent manner.
- Adhere to, and enforce, Company Personal Presentations Standards to properly represent the Tommy Hilfiger image.
- Ensure “door to floor” Best Practices and visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room are being executed; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution.
- Complete daily/weekly store walk-throughs; evaluate product performance, pricing, sell through, and inventory levels. Communicate to the Retail manager what is driving sales results and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximize business. Ensure there are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Maintain corporate visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution. Work alongside the VM Team to ensure that not only Hilfiger VM best practices are achieved but also that there is clear understanding and communication between the VM and store teams.
- Ensure all weekly updates and e-mail/memos are executed properly and on a timely basis.
- Assist the store manager in the preparation and execution of store inventory counts and follow up on results.
Managing Store Operations:
- Ensure daily management of sales, payroll, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives. Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Analyse store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Effectively communicate with the SM regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- Assist store audits to ensure store is complying with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate with staff daily at morning Meeting - individual sales goals, and other key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve goals. Hold One Minute Meetings at the end of employees’ shifts; summarize their performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
- Ensure store has all the necessary tools (e.g. supplies, resource binders, etc.)
Managing Human Resources:
- Assist the manpower planning, identification, recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes; Recruit store personnel with a broad range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Work with the SM to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Ensure that all Employees are properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role. Provide training and coaching for Employees (daily, weekly and monthly) and ensure that it is appropriately documented.
- Assist the SM in the training and development of Employees. Ensure that all Employees are properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role. Provide training and coaching for Employees (daily, weekly and monthly) and ensure that it is appropriately documented.
- Provide clear direction and follow-up while monitoring progress of Employees, to ensure timely and effective completion of assignments. Implement non-management division of responsibility. Assist Store Manager in defining workload for non-management staff.
- Provide detailed feedback regarding Employee performance to the SM in order to ensure unsatisfactory performance and policy violations by Employees are addressed through the corrective action process.
- Assist the SM in diagnosing, developing and reviewing the performance of staff and conducting bi-annual performance reviews.
In the absence of the Store Manager the Assistant Manager must be able to effectively manage the store under any circumstances.
Reports to Store Manager
- Maintain respect and work well with others.
- Communicate honestly, openly and constructively.
- Recognise and celebrate the contributions and achievements of others.
- Respect and value individual differences and use them productively to develop creative group solutions.
- Give feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
- Resolve ongoing conflicts and unproductive disagreements.
- Create energy and excitement around shared goals and values.
- Demonstrate a desire to help or serve external and/or internal customers.
- Act with integrity.
- Build team commitment.
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication and interact effectively with others through listening, understanding, responding, constructive and honest feedback and consensus building.
- Contribute to an inclusive culture of diverse styles and talents working toward a clear purpose.
- Create an environment of trust and respect.
- Set high standards and reasonable expectations for others.
- Encourage others to take action in difficult circumstances.
- Successfully broaden others’ knowledge and teach new skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation in recognising and reacting to the changing business environment.
- Take on additional assignments and work when needed.
- Make commitments and decisions on available information even under stressful and changing conditions.
- Maintain adaptability and a positive point of view in the face of change.
- Maintain alignment between people, processes and technology.
- Set challenging but obtainable goals with an emphasis on service quality, and customer satisfaction, as well as financial performance.
- Consistently meet or exceed objectives.
- Act with confidence.
- Coordinate appropriate action plans while considering consequences and budget decisions.
- Organize people and tasks with sensitivity to time constraints and resource availability.
- Convey clear ideas and goals, manage the implementation of those ideas and manage measurable and achievable results.
- Maintain a sense of urgency.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience of progressively responsible Retail. Management experience in the service or retail industry. Extensive experience and ability to lead the delivery of a high level of customer service in a Brand Retailer. Retail operations, budgeting, planning, customer service, sales and people leadership and management experience required.