We are a global premium lifestyle brand with a true American spirit. We’re classic American cool – timeless, preppy Americana with an unexpected twist. Since we began in 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a US$4.6 billion apparel and retail company. We are committed to delivering high quality, beautifully designed products for men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, denim, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. We distribute these to over 90 countries and 1,000 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific.
The Supervisor’s primary function is to ensure the efficient running of the shop floor, in order to achieve the highest levels of customer service, sales and profit. To support the Management team managing all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for his/her store.
Delivering Business Results:
- Execute and model Company Policies & Procedures and established Best Practices in Human Resources, Customer Service, Store Operations, Product Management, Loss Prevention, and Point of Sale.
- Achieve Company standards/goals for personal sales results: Sales v. budgets, Sales per Hour and Units per Transaction.
- Respond to and communicate with the Store Manager on all competitors, community information that could impact Company business.
- Participate in and weekly management meetings and other staff meetings.
• Managing Customer Service:
- Focus staff on the importance of the quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Clearly communicate to staff all marketing and sales promotions.
- Consistently foster a positive store experience by treating all customers, and staff members in a fair and consistent manner.
- Adhere to, and enforce, Company Personal Presentations Standards to properly represent the Tommy Hilfiger image
Managing Store Operations:
- Ensure daily management of sales, payroll, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives. Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Analyze store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Effectively communicate with the SM regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- assist store audits to ensure store is complying with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate with staff daily at morning Meeting - individual sales goals, and other
key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve goals. Hold One Minute Meetings at the end of employees’ shifts; summarize their performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
- Ensure store has all the necessary tools (e.g. supplies, resource binders, etc.).
Managing Human Resources:
- Work with the Floor Manager to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Ensure that all Employees are properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role. Provide training and coaching for Employees (daily, weekly and monthly) and ensure that it is appropriately documented
- Maintain respect and work well with others.
- Communicate honestly, openly and constructively.
- Recognize and celebrate the contributions and achievements of others.
- Respect and value individual differences and use them productively to develop creative group solutions.
- Give feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
- Resolve ongoing conflicts and unproductive disagreements.
- Create energy and excitement around shared goals and values.
- Demonstrate a desire to help or serve external and/or internal customers.
- Act with integrity.
• Team Building:
- Build team commitment.
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication and interact effectively with others through listening, understanding, responding, constructive and honest feedback and consensus building.
- Contribute to an inclusive culture of diverse styles and talents working toward a clear purpose.
- Create an environment of trust and respect.
- Set high standards and reasonable expectations for others.
- Encourage others to take action in difficult circumstances.
- Successfully broaden others’ knowledge and teach new skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation in recognizing and reacting to the changing business environment.
- Take on additional assignments and work when needed.
- Make commitments and decisions on available information even under stressful and changing conditions.
Maintain adaptability and a positive point of view in the face of change.
- Maintain alignment between people, processes and technology.
- Set challenging but obtainable goals with an emphasis on service quality, and customer satisfaction
- Consistently meet or exceed objectives.
- Act with confidence.
- Organize people and tasks with sensitivity to time constraints and resource availability.
- Convey clear ideas and goals, manage the implementation of those ideas and manage measurable and achievable results.
- Maintain a sense of urgency.