MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist the Boutique Manager to guarantee the smooth daily running of the Boutique, in order to ensure sales & profit performance and Customer Service level.
Acts as the key support and key representative of the Boutique Manager, especially in Boutique Manager’s absence from the Boutique.
• The reflection of the Boutique Manager, through provision of relevant analyses, data, information.
• When relevant, the decision-making of the Boutique Manager, through insights sharing and proposition of ideas
• Mostly, the implementation of the defined action plan, through the delegation in turn to direct reports, when relevant ; conduction of required tasks ; good allocation of required tasks between him/herself and rest of the team ; regular validation that actions are implemented according to standards
Assistance in Business Management:
• Contributes to analyzing the Boutique business and to the eventual development of specific reports, upon request from the Boutique Manager.
• May contribute to defining concrete action plans
• Supports the monitoring of the P&L, when applicable, and of KPIs.
• Contributes to the achievement of goals.
Assistance in People Management
• May directly manage part of the Boutique team, according to its size and structure.
• Works with each team member to understand individual personality, motivation drivers, strengths and improvement opportunities in order to enable them to deliver against their individual and team goals.
• Spends time on Boutique shop-floor to coach on Business Management, Operations Management, Customer Management incl. Selling Skills and provides real time feedback to team members.
• Can delegate and empower on relevant topics.
• Involvement in the career and personal development of his/her direct reports if any.
• Co-responsible (with Boutique Manager) for maintaining a constructive, motivating and pleasant working environment: through assistance of Boutique Manager in some communications (eg Daily Brief), in checking the respect of pre-defined ways of working (eg, Back Office organization and maintenance), in role-modeling, in adequate empowerment, in capacity to provide constructive negative and positive feedback, etc.
• As a back-up of the Boutique Manager (ie, in case of Boutique Manager’s absence): preparation and animation of a Daily Brief in order to inform the team on key points of focus
• Where applicable, manages salary budget in line with OP, uses available tools and historical data (Kronos, Nessoft etc.) to plan Boutique resources in line with business peaks to ensure customer service standards are maintained.
• Completes all career development cycle activities in line with HR timeframes (PDP, coaching discussions).
Assistance in Operations Management
• Masters the Nespresso Operations Standards and ensures they are properly applied, e.g., Stock and Inventory Management, Cash Reconciliation, etc.
• Ensures the compliance with all other Nespresso internal processes and standards that apply to the Boutique, e.g., TQM and SHE, Internal Control, etc.
• Contributes to the good management of Operations through appropriate action, supervision and delegation: is regularly appointed as “Manager on Duty” that will supervise and coordinate all activities occurring both in the Front and Back Offices.
• Diligently reports any technical or other issues to his/her Manager in order to ensure not a single operational activity is prevented.
Assistance in Customer Management
• Ensures that each and every client entering the Boutique is welcomed, looked at, served and advised according to Nespresso standards, incl. the Nespresso Selling Ceremony and Tasting Experiences.
• When requested from the Boutique Manager, can directly supervise, as much as possible, the appropriate delivery of the Nespresso Customer Experience.
• Conducts sales and develops his/her own clientele.
Measurements/ Performance Indicators
Quantitative/ Sales results:
• Business Results:
o NNS (Net Net Sales)
o NNS per Product Category (Coffee, Machines, Accessories)
o AOS (Avg Order Size)
o ABV (Avg Basket Value)
o New Members acquisition
o Frequency of purchase
o Passer-by rate
o Coffee Mixity
• People Results:
o Nb of Orders per FTE
o NNS per FTE
o Recordable Injury Rate
o Conversion rate where applicable
o Nestlé & I
Qualitative/ Customer experience quality and satisfaction
• Mystery Shopping score
• Customer Voice score
Qualitative/ Operations Management
• Score in operations assessments
• Audit and quality assessment results
If directly manages people:
Quantitative/ People management
• Boutique staff turnover rate
• Boutique staff tenure rate (avg length of employment)
• Boutique staff absenteeism
• Attendance of Boutique staff to available trainings.
Key Relationships Internal to Nespresso/ Nestlé Group:
• Boutique Manager
• When relevant: Market National Boutique Management team, especially National Boutique Manager and National Boutique Operations Manager
• When relevant: Coffee Ambassadors
• When relevant: Market Learning & Development team
• When relevant: Market HR team
• When relevant: National Marketing and Visual Merchandising teams
• Coffee Bard
• Coffee Specialists
• Other Assistant Boutique Managers of the Market
• Other Market Functions such as Marketing, Visual Merchandising, QSHE, Finance & Controlling, Supply Chain
Key Relationships External to Nespresso/ Nestlé Group:
• Club Members and Prospects (My understanding was we should no longer refer to ‘club’ – I would just put customer)
• When relevant: Department store’s Management for Boutiques in Mall, Boutiques in Shop, Boutiques in Corner, Pop-ups… and any other Boutique format located inside a Department Store or Shopping Center
• Nespresso Trade corner’s team for any Boutiques, whatever their format, located nearby a Nespresso Trade distribution point
• When relevant: Boutique Managers of surrounding stores, whatever their specialty, and when relevant
• When relevant: key contacts of surrounding companies, such as Concierges of surrounding hotels